In today’s fast-paced job market, having the right skills can make all the difference in landing your dream job. If you are about to graduate from college, are a fresh graduate, or even a professional looking to switch to a growing industry, then you must be wondering which skills are hot in demand right now. Well, here we have compiled a list of 7 top in-demand skills which will get you hired in today’s rapidly advancing job scenario.
1. Data Science: Data is everywhere, and businesses need experts who can collect, analyse, and make sense of it. Data scientists work with large sets of information to help companies make data-driven decisions by extracting valuable insights from data. Data science offers a variety of job opportunities in profiles including but not limited to data scientists, data analysts, machine learning engineers, business analyst, data engineer, and AI.
2. Digital Marketing: The world has gone digital and businesses are jumping at the opportunity to make their online presence known. Here, digital marketers help the companies reach their target audience by implementing online strategies and tools used to promote products or services through social media, email marketing, advertising, content marketing, and search engine optimisation. Digital marketing has become a part of almost every business’s strategy and offers jobs as content marketing, social media marketers, SEO specialist, email marketers, digital marketers, copywriters, and so on.
3. Electric Vehicle (EV): Electric vehicle industry is on its way towards building a sustainable tomorrow. With increasing awareness and efficient transportations, electric vehicles are actively being adopted by the people. Hence, creating an exciting number of opportunities in the field. Skills related to EV technology, like understanding electric powertrains or designing efficient charging systems, are highly sought after in the automotive industry.
4. UI/UX Design: In today’s time when user experience matters more than ever by giving companies a competitive advantage, UI/UX designers are in high demand. UI/UX designers make websites and apps visually appealing as well as enable effortless navigation of the platforms. Some of the most popular job profiles in the field include UI designer, UX designer, visual designer, web designer, front end developer, and mobile app designer.
5. Full Stack Development: Full stack developers are proficient in both front end development as well as back end development websites and applications. If you like to solve complex problems, have a knack for programming, and have enthusiasm to create innovative products, then this is the field for you.
6. Product Management: Product managers act as the bridge between the technology teams and non-tech side of a business. They are responsible for ensuring that business problems are solved by doing the necessary research and analysis and communicating the same well to the technology hand of the business. The project management roles demand strong communication skills, organizational skills, analytical skills, and sometimes a good amount of knowledge of programming.
7. Human Resource Management: Human resource managers are responsible for managing the fundamental resource of any business that is, human capital. Every company needs talented individuals to acquire the best employees for each team as well as manage these human resources. Human resources offers a range of job opportunities as HR managers, HR admins, Recruitment specialists, talent acquisition managers, employer branding managers, and so on. So, if you are good with people and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this field may be your calling.
Attributed to – Mr. Sarvesh Agrawal is the Founder and CEO of Internshala, the career-tech platform (internshala.com)