SOUTH AFRICA – Media OutReach –
12 January 2022 – With the global pandemic acting
as an accelerant, digital transformation across retail verticals has gained new
momentum, seeing rapid adoption of digital technology within the sector.
to a 2021 research report released by PWC, people affected by the pandemic are
driving a “historic and dramatic shift in consumer behaviour”. The consulting
firm reports a strong shift to online shopping as people were first confined by
lockdowns, and then many continued to work from home.
Another significant finding from the report is that consumers are not likely to
go back to their old ways of shopping once the pandemic is over.
Online sales in South Africa grew by 66% in 2020 to more than $1.8 billion
(ZAR30 billion). This means that retailers have no choice but to reimagine the
functionality of stores and tap into digital tools to stay relevant for the
‘new normal customer’.
theme “Developing sustainability and competitiveness in the post-pandemic
retail landscape“, Digital Retail Africa 2022 will
bring together hundreds of retail leaders to discuss emerging industry trends.
attendees for this year’s event include senior executives from Superbalist,
GSK, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Dis-Chem Pharmacies, Massmart, BMW Group, Leroy
Merlin and Konga Nigeria among others.
topics to be discussed at #DRA2022:
- Reimagining the Future of Retail
- Unpacking next-level E-commerce: People, Data & Technology
- Leveraging technology and automation to unlock retail growth
- Overcoming retail security challenges with the cloud
- Touchless Retail Solutions: Reshaping the In-Store Experience
- The impact of Buy-Now-Pay-Later platforms on the retail industry
- Using technology to drive efficiencies in retail logistics
- How Cloud Computing is Transforming the Retail Sector
register, speak or sponsor #DRA2022, visit www.digitalretailafrica.co.za