- The new suite comprises three revolutionary transformer models – BADRI, Math GPT, and TeacherGPT
- BADRI, a predictive AI model, implements personalized ‘forgetting curves’ that can pinpoint a student’s strengths and weaknesses at a granular level
- MathGPT uses advanced machine learning algorithms to generate optimal solutions for complex mathematical challenges accurately
- TeacherGPT, an AI-driven assistant, uses a unique ‘point teach and bottom-out approach’, to ensure that students are gently guided toward the correct answer and offers personalized guidance
- With a nearly 90% accuracy rate, BYJU’S AI innovations are redefining the future of learning
Bangalore, June 7th 2023: BYJU’S, the world’s leading edtech company, has announced the launch of BYJU’S WIZ, an innovative suite of three cutting-edge artificial intelligence (AI) transformer models – BADRI, MathGPT, and TeacherGPT.
The new suite is poised to reshape learning, providing students with personalized and effective learning experiences. Its integration across BYJU’S learning platforms is a significant step forward in the company’s continued efforts to move education away from a one-size-fits-all approach and instead make it hyper-personalized and student-centric. With a nearly 90% accuracy rate, which is the best in the industry, BYJU’S AI innovations are set to redefine the future of learning.
In a remarkable testament to BYJU’S continuous innovations in emerging technologies, the AI suite stands out by not only being built on the foundation of existing generative AI models but also by harnessing the immense power of BYJU’S vast ocean of data, based on the billions of daily interactions that happen on its platforms. This synergy allows the AI suite to undergo extensive training and amplification, enabling it to bring unparalleled delight to students, teachers, and parents alike.
Dev Roy, Chief Innovation and Learning Officer at BYJU’S, said on the launch of this AI suite: “Innovation is at the heart of BYJU’s approach to learning and teaching. We are thrilled to introduce these innovative models, which embody our commitment to becoming an AI-powered student-centric education company. We believe BYJU’SWIZ will usher in a new era of personalized learning, taking a significant leap forward in the way we educate our future generations. Its launch is a definitive event in our constant endeavor to teach students not just ‘what to learn’ but also ‘how to learn’.”
|BYJU’S Attentive DateVec Rasch Implementation (BADRI)||● An advanced predictive AI model developed in-house, BADRI leverages billions of daily student interactions and uses advanced “transformer” technology similar to language learning models (LLMs) like ChatGPT
● It implements personalized ‘forgetting curves’ to pinpoint each student’s strengths and weaknesses, providing tailored questions and learning videos for areas of improvement.
● It is one of the most accurate knowledge-tracing models in the field of education.
|MathGPT||● MathGPT employs advanced machine learning algorithms to provide highly accurate solutions for complex math challenges, including trigonometric proofs, which is a first in the industry.
● Trained solely on mathematical problem-solving, it addresses the limitations of generalized language learning models that lack the depth required for specific sectors like education
|TeacherGPT||● Built as an AI-driven assistant, TeacherGPT offers personalized guidance to students as well as grade student responses
● With a unique ‘point teach and bottom-out’ approach, it ensures that students are gently guided towards the correct answer, promoting independent problem-solving skills.
The AI suite’s ability to accurately predict a student’s knowledge state, and identify misconceptions, learning gaps, or ‘silly’ mistakes, are a huge step forward in freeing learning from the constraints of space and time. By providing 24×7 hyper-personalized learning experiences tailored to each student’s unique needs anywhere in the world, it will make learning more engaging, effective, and enjoyable for students worldwide while also optimizing internal systems such as teacher audits to make offerings such as LIVE classes better. The AI team at BYJU’S, working under the guidance of Dev Roy, has ensured that the AI suite is not just hyper-personalized but also safe, reliable, and curriculum-aligned.
These pioneering models are currently undergoing rigorous testing at BYJU’S Labs, which are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and staffed by a dedicated team of researchers, data scientists, and educational experts. Given their unparalleled potential to effectively cater to diverse educational needs, they are set to be integrated across the entire product portfolio of BYJU’S, from Pre-K to Gray. This comprehensive integration will ensure that students of all ages can benefit from the cutting-edge advancements and transformative impact of these models throughout their learning journey.