· New adidas study uncovers how comfortis helping the next generation level up in all aspects of life, as over three-quarters believe they are more ambitious when rooted in a feeling of comfort
· Born from sport and built on comfort, the new capsule boasts cosy fits inspired by sportstreetwear style, while several pieces are also made in part with recycled materials
· Deepika Padukonestars in the campaign,reliving how comfort has been a positive force in her life
New Delhi, 8thAugust: Born from sport with comfort at its core,today, adidas drops an all-new sportswear capsule. The collection is inspired by the way the next generation continues to turn tradition on its head with how they move through the world, opting for a fresh comfort-first mindset and rejecting old-world pressures.
To get closer to this mindset, adidas reached out to uncover more about the rise of the cosy fit. Nine in ten believe the clothes they wear impact how mentally comfortable they feel, and over three quarters say they are more likely to thrive in multiple aspects of life when rooted in a true feeling of comfort. Inspired by these collective insights, the all-new capsule features a selection of versatile pieces that offer a minimalist aesthetic and cloud-like comfort, with several pieces also made in part with recycled materials. Each garment has a relaxed fit and is ideal for those looking to level up their everyday sport streetwear style whilst remaining cosy throughout the day.adidas’ sportswear capsule is built for next-level comfort both at home and on the streets with a full collection of casual, stylish fits for both men and women.
Key looks include:
· Women’s Rib Dress: A straight minimalist silhouette in block-colour black, which can be worn individually or layered for a more expressive look. Features a twister racerback detail, crew neck cut, and side split hem for an added edge
· Men’s Classic Tee paired with Woven Pantsand Coach Jacket: Paying homage to sport heritage, the woven pants and coach jacket offer an oversized and relaxed fit, in a neutral but bold colour pairing. The ribbed crewneck tee complements the look with a stylish mixture of textures
· Women’s Oversized Hoodie with Rib Crop Top and Biker Shorts: A muted pastel toned top designed with a cropped hem and matching shorts in soft rib knit material, creating an effortless fresh but cosy look which can be easily layered with a slouchy oversized hoodie
· Men’s Fleece Hoodie layered over Oversized Tee and Fleece Shorts:Relaxed fit basic tee with a vibrant red block logo paired with a boxy hooded jumper which boasts an oversized aesthetic. Complemented by baggy fleece-lined shorts ensures comfort through every move and moment
Speaking about the collection, Jo Aberg, Vice President Design at adidas, said: “Gone are the days where conforming to traditions is the norm. Instead, we are seeing the rise of a comfort-first mindset amongst the next generation and the consensus that living in this feeling is how they thrive. We also know that when it comes to self-confidence, being comfortable with who they are and what they wear has a huge impact on their lives. With this very much our inspiration, our new capsule fuses fresh looks with optimum comfort and fit and looks to serve the next generation as they drive culture forward and move through the world with purpose.”
The collection is available at adidas stores and online onadidas.co.in/sportswear