● With the new exchange program for used Air Conditioners (AC), customers can now exchange their used ACs for a new one on Flipkart
● To make the experience hassle-free, Flipkart Group is offering free uninstallation and
installation by experts
● The exchange program aligns with Flipkart Group’s aim to create a circular economy and reduce e-waste by disposing it of responsibly
Hyderabad – April 10, 2023: Flipkart, India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace, today announced the launch of an exchange program for used air conditioners on its platform. The offer will give customers an easy and reliable platform to exchange their used AC at the best price. This program will be applicable to all kinds of air conditioners. Customers will be able to exchange their used ACs irrespective of where they were purchased and will be rolled out across Flipkart’s serviceable pin codes in the country. The initiative is in line with Flipkart Group’s continuous effort to contribute towards a circular economy while offering the industry-best value to the customers and enabling this offering for sellers to boost their business.
Building on its deep and extensive customer insights regarding apprehensions and unawareness around the resale of air conditioners in the country, Flipkart’s AC Exchange Programme provides customers with a convenient and simple process to exchange their old AC at the best value with a new air conditioner of their choice on Flipkart. For the convenience of customers, Flipkart in collaboration with its partners is offering a hassle-free doorstep pickup with a pan India reach and also giving a limited period offer of free uninstallation service by experts.
Upgrading to the new BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) 2022 rated air conditioners which are
~25% more energy efficient compared to air conditioners bought 5 years back will help in reducing the running cost and therefore result in higher savings for customers.
The growing usage of air conditioners in the country is leading to a high generation of scrap.The imprudent disposal of old AC generates waste that leads to the contamination of soil, water and air. Being committed to creating a sustainable future, Flipkart has partnered with certified e-waste recycling companies to ensure the safe and responsible disposal of scrap generated.
Commenting on the launch, Adarsh Menon, Senior Vice President and Head of New Businesses, Flipkart, said, “With the oncoming summer season, more and more people across the country look to purchase and upgrade their air conditioning devices. Over the years, there has been an ever-growing market for re-selling air conditioners which is highly unorganized and difficult to navigate. Through the AC Exchange Program on Flipkart, we aim to simplify this process and address nuanced pain points such as the uninstallation of old air conditioners to offer an end-to-end solution that combines the best value for the product, convenience, and discoverability. At Flipkart Group, it is our continuous endeavor to bring innovative tech-enabled solutions and enable reusability and responsible recycling which are indispensable in creating a sustainable economy.”
HOW IT WORKS: AIR CONDITIONER EXCHANGE PROGRAMME
1. Place order for new AC and provide details of your old AC on the product page to avail great exchange value
2. Your old AC will be uninstalled by trained technician (free of cost and for a limited period)
3. The uninstalled unit will be veriﬁed at the doorstep by our delivery agent
4. If the checks match, the new AC will be delivered and the old AC will be picked up