India, 30 September 2022: Committed towards channelizing its resources into making India a healthier nation, Honda India Foundation (HIF) today announced that it has facilitated improved access to quality healthcare to more than 6 lakh people in just 6 years through its Mobile Medical Units (MMU) in India.
Realizing the critical need for primary healthcare in rural areas, Honda initiated its Mobile Medical Unit services in 2016. Currently operating in Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh, HIF’s 5 MMUs & 1 SMU (static medical unit) provide primary, preventive, diagnostic and referral health care services at people’s doorstep in remote areas.
Speaking on the success of this initiative, Mr. Atsushi Ogata, Chairman, Honda India Foundation said, “Recognizing the accessibility of quality healthcare as a core issue, Honda India Foundation prioritises health care as a definitive step in aiding this problem by providing universally accessible, affordable and quality healthcare to all. Our Mobile Medical Unit service has proved beneficial to people in getting timely solution to their health issues. Moving forward, we will continue our endeavour towards achieving long term sustainable impact to make our society healthier, more inclusive and aligned to global goals surrounding health and well-being.”
Features of Honda India Foundation’s Mobile Medical Units (MMU)
· Remote access: Mobile medical units ensure improved and comprehensive care reaches people’s doorstep residing in remote, difficult and unserved areas of Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh.
· Clinic on wheels: Equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities, these mobile medical units are accompanied by a dedicated medical team consisting of a doctor, a nurse, a pharmacist and a social protection officer.
· Medical Check-ups: Improved healthcare in rural areas with timely screening helps in preventive care and managing chronic diseases.
· Affordability: These units provide free of cost services such as check-ups and medicines to people throughout the year.
· Home visits and others: Home visits are also aligned for those patients who are not able to visit the mobile medical unit. Additionally, it also offers transportation services to patients who need to be referred to hospitals.