· METRO Kotak Credit card will provide easy, interest – free credit for up to 48 days to over 3 million registered METRO customers
· Customers can earn cashback up to Rs 10,000 per month
Bengaluru, 16th December, 2022: Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (“KMBL”/Kotak) in association with METRO Cash & Carry India, India’s leading organized wholesaler and food specialist today launched a new co-branded Credit Card – ‘METRO Kotak Credit Card’. This card will provide easy, interest-free credit facility, for up to 48 days to over 3 million registered METRO India customers. The card has been launched on the RuPay network.
METRO’s customer base includes small traders, Kirana owners, MSMEs, small restaurants, HoReCa (Hotels, Restaurants, and Caterers) players, offices, companies, institutions, as well as self-employed professionals.
The new METRO Kotak Credit Card can be used across METRO’s network of 31 wholesale distribution centers (stores) located in 21 cities in India, as well as the METRO Wholesale App – the ecommerce platform.
Features and Benefits:
· METRO Kotak Credit Card is designed to fulfil credit needs of the retailers, who buy in bulk to stock their retail shops, from METRO
· Attractive credit facility in the B2B segment – interest-free credit to METRO’s business customers for up to 48 days
· Credit limit range – from Rs 25,000 onwards to a maximum credit based on the customer’s purchase pattern with METRO
· Flexible repayment options through cash or online transfer
· Card users can earn cashback up to Rs 10,000, per month, subject to their monthly spends at METRO
· METRO business customers, who do not have a bank account, can also apply for the card
· Minimum documentation and easy process to apply for the card
· No ‘joining’ or ‘yearly’ fees
“We are delighted to launch a credit card tailor-made for the millions of small traders, Kirana store owners, and MSMEs – who form the backbone of the retail industry in the country,” says Mr. Frederick Dsouza, Business Head – Credit Cards, Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited. “Unorganized players constitute about 80% of the fast growing retail market. Through this unique offering, we are catering to the credit and finance needs of this segment. It is a sizeable market opportunity.”
Speaking about METRO’s commitment towards being the voice of Kiranas & MSMEs, Mr. Arvind Mediratta, MD and CEO, METRO Cash & Carry India said, “As Champion for Independent Business, we have always been committed to support the local businesses and MSME eco-system and empower them to make their business more profitable and successful. We are elated to join hands with Kotak Mahindra bank to provide more liquidity line to small retailers, kiranas and MSMEs, who form the backbone of the Indian retail economy. This reiterates our commitment to provide customized and hassle-free financial solution to address their working capital needs.” He further added, “Our digital intervention for kiranas is to add value on both demand and supply side; on the supply side, we offer convenience of buying a wide array of goods everything under one roof and at competitive price, whether in-store or through our ecommerce offerings. This has led to tremendous time and cost saving for them along with faster fulfilment, and doorstep delivery service within 24 hours. In addition, we act as a catalyst to drive demand for kiranas; we help them grow their revenues and bottom line via digitalization and modernization through our Smart Kirana program as well as facilitate credit availability to enhance their working capital efficiency. Liquidity interventions like these help them grow their topline, bottom line, improve cash flows and nurture their business more sustainably.”
Commenting on the launch, Denny V Thomas, Head – RuPay, NPCI said, “We are delighted to collaborate with Kotak Mahindra Bank, Metro Cash and Carry in launching the METRO Kotak Credit Card on the RuPay network. We believe this card has been diligently designed to meet the needs of retail store operators and help them move the needle w.r.t profitability and day-to-day operations. Accordingly, the card has been enabled to provide a credit line to retail store operators up to 48 days for payment. We are happy to work along with the ecosystem to innovate and provide innovative payment solutions which are relevant and useful to all customer segments.”