● Facilitates highest collection of dues in first three days, Rs 11.93 crore of fine amount and 4.40 lakh cases cleared through Paytm
● Offers convenient payment to clear BTP e-challans such as Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Postpaid, net banking, debit and credit cards
One97 Communications Limited (OCL) that owns the brand Paytm, India’s leading payments and financial services company and the pioneer of QR and mobile payments, today announced that it has empowered users in Bengaluru to clear their pending challans in a hassle-free manner and avail 50% rebate on the fine amount. The Karnataka government has announced a 50% rebate on pending e-challan fines until February 11, 2023, as a one-time measure. The facility to clear e-challans issued by the Bengaluru Traffic Police (BTP) is live on the Paytm Super App.
Users can conveniently clear their pending dues from the comfort of their homes and save valuable time. Paytm offers multiple payment options such as debit card, credit card, Paytm Wallet, Paytm postpaid, UPI, and net banking, giving users the flexibility to choose the most convenient method for them.
In the first three days of the rebate, Paytm facilitated the clearing of nearly 4.40 lakh cases and collected fines of Rs 11.93 crore on behalf of the Bengaluru Traffic Police. Paytm leads with the highest collection of fines among all payment modes, a testament to its seamless and efficient payment solutions. Motorists can make the most of the rebate with Paytm’s easy payment solutions.
Abhay Sharma, Chief Business Officer, Bill Payments, Paytm said, “We are proud to be part of the commendable work being done by the Bengaluru Traffic Police to clear pending e-challans. Our solutions have enabled a smooth and convenient payment process for citizens, helping the police department tackle the massive spike in people clearing their pending fines. We hope to continue offering our smart digital payment solutions to bring convenience to users and support state departments in their efforts.”
Bengaluru Traffic Police Spokesperson said, “We are always striving to improve the experience for our citizens when it comes to clearing their traffic fines. Our partnership with Paytm allows us to offer a seamless and efficient service to our citizens. We encourage all those with pending traffic fines to avail this one-time measure of 50% discount and clear their e-challan dues before the deadline.”
Steps to make BTP e-challan payment on Paytm Super App
● Open Paytm Super App and head to ‘Recharge & Bill Payments’ section
● Scroll down to find ‘Challan’ & click on it
● Select Bengaluru Traffic Police as the Traffic Authority
● Enter the required details such as Vehicle Number etc.
● Click on ‘Proceed’ to check the challan amount
● Select your preferred mode of payment from – Debit Card, Credit Card, Paytm Wallet, Paytm Postpaid, UPI & Net Banking
● Clear the e-challan by paying the one-time discounted rate
● A digital invoice will be generated once the transaction is successfully completed and users will be notified on their registered email ID and phone number