About Pedro Resources Ltd.
Pedro Resources Ltd. is a Canadian exploration company listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange focused on mineral exploration and development.
For further information, contact:
On behalf of the Board
Chief Executive Officer and Director
About Fixed Earth Innovation Inc.
FEI was founded in 2019 and is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. It is focused on the development and commercialization of biotechnology for the remediation, reclamation and restoration of soils, water, and facilities contaminated by chemicals, hydrocarbons or other hazardous materials including tetrachloroethylene (commonly referred to as PERCs or PCEs) and poly and perfluoroalkyl substances (“PFAS”, commonly referred to as “forever chemicals”).(1). FEI has been successful in identifying and applying microbial and other biotechnology solutions in mining, oil & gas site reclamation, forestry recovery, agriculture, and other areas where contaminated sites or low productivity bio-sites required remediation. These biotechnology solutions have resulted from FEI’s in-house research into various global contaminants. FEI uniquely insolates microbes on-site for an improved balance of native organics to address contaminant remediation. FEI combines laboratory research and field trials to create processes for new solutions.
Recent contaminant reclamation and remediation and ecosystem restoration projects undertaken by FEI, include the following:
1) FEI provided site-specific microbes and bioremediation expertise to a year-long PFAS bioremediation demonstration at the Dane County Regional Airport (Madison, Wisconsin) in conjunction with other technology and field solutions providers.
2) FEI isolated and tested area-specific microbes for a First Nation in northeast B.C. for use in enhancing plant growth on seismic line restoration projects. These microbes were deployed with 30,000 trees on field sites in 2022 and monitoring of their benefits is ongoing.
3) FEI has been completing pilots using area-specific microbes and capsule technology to enhance the deployment of native seed on oil & gas restoration sites in B.C. for the past three years. In 2023, a major oil & gas producer committed to full-scale deployments of these technologies on multiple restoration projects.
4) In 2022, FEI isolated and lab-validated microbes for use in assisting plant growth in environments impacted by acid mine drainage. These microbes were deployed in full-scale by an oil & gas producer to offset the ecosystem effects of acid drainage at a former production site in B.C. This site was also used as a pilot site for FEI’s technologies to introduce lichen to sites disturbed by resource extraction.
5) FEI isolated site-specific microbes for use in remediation of PCE at a former industrial facility in Edmonton, Alberta. These microbes were validated in the lab and field tested before full scale deployment in late 2022. Preliminary monitoring of the site by a qualified third-party has demonstrated major reductions in contamination at the site.
For further information on FEI, please access:
(1) For further information on PFAS, please access:
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Market Regulator (as that term is defined in the policies of the Canadian Securities Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This news release contains forward‐looking statements and forward‐looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws. These statements relate to future events or future performance. All statements other than statements of historical fact may be forward‐looking statements or information. More particularly and without limitation, this news release contains forward‐looking statements and information relating, the filing of the Company’s financial statements. The forward‐looking statements and information are based on certain key expectations and assumptions made by management of the Company. Although management of the Company believes that the expectations and assumptions on which such forward-looking statements and information are based are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward‐looking statements and information since no assurance can be given that they will prove to be correct.
Forward-looking statements and information are provided for the purpose of providing information about the current expectations and plans of management of the Company relating to the future. Readers are cautioned that reliance on such statements and information may not be appropriate for other purposes, such as making investment decisions. Since forward‐looking statements and information address future events and conditions, by their very nature they involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those currently anticipated due to a number of factors and risks. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on the forward‐looking statements and information contained in this news release. Readers are cautioned that the foregoing list of factors is not exhaustive. The forward‐looking statements and information contained in this news release are made as of the date hereof and no undertaking is given to update publicly or revise any forward‐looking statements or information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, unless so required by applicable securities laws. The forward-looking statements or information contained in this news release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement.