– Assured job on completion of the programme; on-the-job training with stipend to be provided during the programme
New Delhi/Mumbai: TimesPro and The Job Plus have collaborated to launch the Certificate Programme in Hotel and Hospitality Management with assured placements for aspirants looking to embark on their career journey with the hospitality industry. The certificate programme will equip learners with critical industry skills to master the profession and gain experience by working with leading industry brands.
The need to launch this programme has emanated from the predicted huge demand for a skilled workforce to be generated by FY 2029.
1. According to the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) report, over the next decade, 20 per cent of the 126 million jobs globally will be generated from the Indian sub-continent.
2. Reports suggest, with positive earnings this fiscal, the sector will grow three times in comparison with the pre-pandemic levels to touch USD 250 billion by 2030 and USD 1 trillion by FY 2047.
3. As per estimates from a recent study by The Job Plus, job growth is estimated to be 5.5% CAGR (keeping into account new openings and attrition within the industry) till FY 2029 indicating an additional requirement of 100,000- 150,000 skilled workforce year-on-year in the branded hotel segment alone.
4. The hospitality industry that has braved the pandemic and has emerged victorious is expected to generate 53 million jobs by FY 2029.
As per a recent article “Recast of Skilling Framework Planned” published by Economic Times, India is looking to revamp its skilling framework to make on-the-job training mandatory across all short-term courses while proposing to set up a global board of accreditation to bring industry focus in the ecosystem. This initiative has reinstated our effort towards bringing in a qualitative shift in the current workforce.
To meet the demand for a skilled and assessed workforce, The Job Plus and TimesPro have teamed up to create India’s first hospitality Ed-Tech platform that is aimed to connect with millions of youths across Tier II and III cities in the country and help build a future-ready workforce which can be employed across the service-hospitality sector.
This five-month hybrid Certificate Programme in Hotel and Hospitality Management will be conducted via TimesPro’s state-of-the-art Interactive Learning (IL) platform and delivered in Direct-to-Device (D2D) mode.
It is focussed to strengthen the fundamentals and concepts of learners while providing them with hands-on experience across various hospitality departments like accommodation, food and beverage service, banqueting and many more along with an opportunity to work in hotels & restaurants, theme parks, tourism agencies, etc. The programme will include two months of hybrid learning and three months of on-the-job training with a stipend. The curriculum will include topics such as Fundamentals of Hotel and Catering Industry, Standard Operating Procedures, Food and Beverage Production and Services, Front Office Operations and Administration, Customer Sales and Service, Personal and Professional Proficiency (PPP), and TimesPro English speaking training (TEST), among others.
Post completion of the five-month course, the learners will get placed with leading domestic and international hospitality employers across various job roles as Front Desk Associate, Steward, F&B service executive (Captain), Bar Tender, House Keeping Executive, etc.
Speaking at the announcement, Anish Srikrishna, CEO, TimesPro, said, “The hospitality industry will witness phenomenal growth as India emerges as a preferred tourist destination and attract millions of international and domestic visitors. The Certificate in Hospitality and Hotel Management, launched by TimesPro in collaboration with The Job Plus and The People Network, will provide learners with skills that resonate with the changing industry requirements and employment opportunities across leading organisations.”
Natwar Nagar, Founder, The Job Plus & The People Network said, “The programme will equip learners with the relevant skills required to cater to modern-day requirements and make them industry-ready with our on-the-job training. Our synergy with TimesPro and expertise in this domain will enable us to employ them in the hospitality industry, which has witnessed a burgeoning demand, especially for various entry and mid-level positions.”