● Offers opportunity to save up to 30% on each ride by splitting fare with friends
● Share ride, split fare, save money and reduce cars on roads
Gurgaon, August 22, 2023: Uber today announced the launch of ‘Group Rides’ in India, a new feature that allows sharing of rides with up to 3 friends when headed to a common destination. Group rides offer riders the option to save up to 30% of their fare, depending on the number of friends they split it with.
The feature allows riders to add their friends to their Uber ride by sharing details of the ride through messaging apps. Upon joining the journey, the friends would have the option to add their own pickup locations, which would get updated to the ride. The feature also aims to decongest roads by reducing the need for individual vehicles when groups of friends or colleagues or relatives are headed towards the same destination.
Commenting on the launch of the new feature, Nitish Bhushan, Director of Central Operations, Uber India, said, “We are always innovating for our customers and looking at ways to make travel more affordable and seamless. With Group Rides we are offering customers the option to save more while they are riding with people they know. Not only do riders save money and arrive at the common destination together, they also do the good deed of reducing vehicles on the road by getting more butts in fewer cars.”
Group Rides ensures the driver’s earnings aren’t impacted negatively, as they would continue to receive the same amount according to the route they take, as they would in an Uber Go or Uber Premier ride.
How to book a Group Ride trip:
● Tap the Group Ride icon in the updated Uber app.
● Begin a request for a Group Rides, and review the booking details in the app
● Invite friends to join ride by sending them a link to the trip
● Allow friends to add their own stops
● Wait for the driver-partner
● Enjoy the ride