· Vi 4G network now offers faster 4G speeds and better voice clarity, at indoor locations, as a result of deployment of L900 on 3043 and L1800 on 11772 sites in MP & Chhattisgarh
· Highest spectrum holding in the two states acts as the backbone for superior network experience
· Vi 4G Network serves a population of almost 2 crore mobile phone users across 79 Districts of Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh
· Vi has been consistently rated as the best Voice call experience among telecom players in India for 17 out of 19 months from November 2020 to May 2022, as per TRAI MyCall data
Leading telecom brand Vi, has enhanced its 4G experience in Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh enabling its customers get a better network experience and faster speeds. Vi has till now deployed the highly efficient 900MHz spectrum on 3043 sites as well as 1800 MHz band on 11772 sites in Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh empowering its customers to enjoy stronger network indoors while they work, study, socialize, access entertainment, ecommerce and other digital services. In addition, Vi Customers in commercial/residential areas of Indore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Raipur, Ujjain, Bilaspur, Dewas, Dhar and other important towns are experiencing enhanced voice and data experience even indoors in high population pockets of these cities.
With addition of 4200 TDD sites, 730 HOS, data capacity has increased to 2.4 times from Sept’18 to May’22. Committed to offer the best service experience to its users in Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh, Vi has undertaken several initiatives:
Vi – The trusted network:
· With 92 Mhz of spectrum across bands – 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz and 2500 MHz – Vi has the largest spectrum holding of 31 percent in the circle, making it the most robust telecom service provider in the Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh
· To ensure better voice clarity and indoor experience, Vi has deployed 900 MHz band spectrum on 4G in the two states. In addition, Vi is the only private network with the 4G capacity band 2500Mhz in the state.
· Taking the network to more residents of the two states, Vi has installed / upgraded 4115 Broadband Towers since March’21 taking the total population coverage on 4G to 71.9% in Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh
· Vi has also been upgrading all 3G customers to 4G and enhanced 4G capacity by refarming spectrum, starting with Raipur, Durg/Bhilai
· The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) in association with Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs) and Vodafone Idea have initiated a pilot named “5th Generation (5G) Small Cell and Aerial Fiber deployment using Street Furniture at Bhopal Smart City”. Small Cell are equipment which will be deployed for upcoming 5G networks. It uses higher frequencies spectrum to provide ultra-high broadband speed and are placed closer to user so that to provide quick responses to user’s request. Street furniture are used to denote things like electric poles, bus stand, traffic lights etc. The pilot will help in understanding challenges in 5G small cell deployment in Smart City Project.
During a visit to Bhopal, Abhijit Kishore, Chief Operating Officer, Vodafone Idea, said “I would like to extend an invitation to pre-paid and post-paid mobile phone users in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh to enjoy a superior, upgraded 4G experience on the Vi network. We have undertaken multiple initiatives over the past year to widen our 4G coverage in the circle as well as strengthen indoor network coverage across cities. Vi customers can choose from a bouquet of choice plans that allow every member of the family to do more and get more on Vi’s 4G network”.
Innovative Products Launched in MP & Chhattisgarh:
Wifi in Pocket – Vi MiFi:
We have recently launched – Vi Mi-Fi that can connect 10 devices at a time and can offer up to 150 mbps of data speed. With this new product in the market, Vi customers can enjoy heavy wi-fi speed on the go. Vi MiFi is available at select stores in Indore, Bhopal & Gwalior.
Our Hero Unlimited Plan for Prepaid Customers:
Wiping off worry for data quota exhaustion, Hero Unlimited Plan provides 3 unique benefits: Unlimited High Speed Data from 12am – 6am’, Weekend Data Rollover and Data Delight which unlocks up to 2GB of extra data every month, over & above their daily quota, at no extra cost. In addition, to further strengthen its hero unlimited portfolio, Vi has introduced more daily data unlimited recharge packs of Rs. 299 and above.
Vi has been ramping up its bouquet of differentiated digital offerings to help its users thrive and stay ahead. Vi customers can access extensive library of music across 20 languages on the Vi App via its partnership with Hungama Music. Vi Games on the Vi App offers an immersive gaming experience with 1200+ android and HTML5 based mobile games across 10 popular genres like – Action, Adventure, Arcade, Casual, Education, Fun, Puzzle, Racing, Sports and Strategy. Vi Jobs & Education on the Vi App integrates India’s largest job search platform ‘Apna’, leading English learning platform ‘Enguru’ and ‘Pariksha’ a platform specializing in government employment exam preparation. This initiative offers a one stop solution for youth to search for jobs, improve spoken English skills and excel in Govt. employment exams, empowering them to fulfil their career dreams.
With focus on enhancing customer experience and to get closer to customers, Vi is also adding more zones in its market operations, bringing more operational efficiency on the ground. The company is also hiring talent to build its salesforce on the ground.