· Doubles deployment of 2500MHz Spectrum band to offer faster download and upload speed & Better data experience
Leading telecom brand Vi has enhanced 4G experience for its customers in Punjab on the back of network initiatives enabling faster download and upload speeds. Vi has doubled the deployment of 2500 MHz spectrum band in Punjab enabling customers to enjoy stronger network experience while they work, study, socialize, access entertainment, ecommerce and other digital services.
Vi has also enhanced 4G coverage for its customers in Punjab to stay confidently connected at all times. Vi customers in commercial/residential area in around 1000 towns/villages in Punjab are experiencing enhanced data experience
With addition of 1338 TDD sites, data capacity has increased to 2X times from Aug’20 to Sep’22.
Speaking about the network enhancement initiative, Mukul Sharma, Cluster Business Head – Punjab, Haryana, HP, J&K, Vodafone Idea said, “I would like to extend an invitation to pre-paid and post-paid mobile phone users in Punjab to enjoy a superior, upgraded 4G experience on Vi Giganet 4G network. We have undertaken multiple initiatives over the past year to widen our 4G coverage and enhance 4G data speed levels, in Punjab circle. Vi customers can choose from a bouquet of choice plans that allow every member of the family to do more and get more on Vi’s 4G network. As we continue our endeavours toward 5G readiness, we remain committed to bring the best in technology, products and services to keep delighting our customers”.
Committed to offer the best service experience to its users in Punjab, Vi has created a robust network:
Vi – The trusted network:
· With 431.2 Mhz of spectrum across bands – 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2500 MHz, 3300MHz and 26GHz, Vi is a robust telecom service provider in Punjab
· Vi is the only private network with the 4G capacity band 2500Mhz in the state.
· Taking the network to more residents of the state, Vi has installed / upgraded ~6500(including TDD/L2100/L1800) Broadband Towers since Sep’18 taking the total population coverage on 4G to 98% in Punjab.
· Vi has also been upgrading all 3G customers to 4G and enhanced 4G capacity by refarming spectrum in more than 300+ towns and 24 districts