– Volkswagen India’s flagship SUVW, Tiguan is now available to customers with enhanced feature offerings
– The Tiguan gets a new and fresh interior option, dual-tone Storm Grey interiors, along with much in-demand wireless mobile charging
– Park Assist, the personal parking attendant: Aiding customers to park quickly and smartly in the tightest spaces, the Tiguan is now equipped with Park Assist (Level 1 ADAS system)
– Safety is of paramount importance at Volkswagen India, the Tiguan now comes with rear seat belt reminder, along with innovative, safety technologies and assistance systems such as six airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), ESC, anti-slip regulation (ASR), EDL, hill start assist, hill descent control, engine drag torque control, active TPMS, 3 head-rests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX and driver alert systems
– The updated Volkswagen Tiguan is RDE norms compliant and is available for customers at an attractive price of INR 34.69 lakh (ex-showroom)
– Enviable performance and progressive design, the Tiguan makes an all-round impression, the Tiguan is available to customers in the feature rich ‘Elegance’ variant, powered by 2.0L TSI engine mated to a 7-speed DSG 4MOTION (all-wheel-drive) transmission offering an improved fuel efficiency (by 7%) of 13.54 kmpl (ARAI certified)
– Choose from a range of striking color options on the new Tiguan – Nightshade Blue, Oryx White with Pearl effect, Deep Black, Dolphin Grey and Reflex Silver
Bangalore, India – Volkswagen Passenger Cars India today announced the introduction of the updated Tiguan for customers with enhanced feature offerings. The flagship SUVW by Volkswagen is now available to customers with new and fresh dual-tone Storm Grey interiors, along with the much in demand wireless mobile charging feature that allows the customer to charge their mobile phone on the move. The enhanced Tiguan is also now RDE norms compliant. The feature enhanced Tiguan is available for customers at an attractive price of INR 34.69 lakh (ex-showroom).
Aiding customers to park quickly and smartly in the tightest spaces, the updated Tiguan is equipped with Park Assist (Level 1 ADAS system). With Park Assist, it’s like having a personal parking attendant.
Speaking at the introduction of the enhanced Volkswagen Tiguan, Mr Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “Generation after generation, we have witnessed an increasing demand for our global best-seller, the Volkswagen Tiguan. With the updated Tiguan, we are offering our customers an impeccable combination of style, performance, premium-ness, safety and class-leading features. The Tiguan commands a strong and robust presence owing to its immaculate German-engineering, build quality, safety and fun-to-drive experience. We are certain the enhanced Tiguan will attract many more Indian customers to the Volkswagen family enabling them to experience & enjoy our flagship model.”
At Volkswagen, we advocate zero compromise on safety and therefore in-line with the regulatory requirements, the Tiguan now comes with rear seat belt reminder, along-with innovative, safety technologies and assistance systems such as six airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), ESC, anti-slip regulation (ASR), EDL, EDTC – Engine Drag Torque Control, hill start assist, hill descent control, active TPMS, 3 head-rests at rear, 3-point seat belts, ISOFIX x2 and driver alert systems. These active and passive safety features keep the occupant and pedestrian in and around the vehicle secure.
The updated Tiguan will be available to customers across the Volkswagen India network of 157 sales and 124 service touchpoints across 115 cities in India. For more information on the product, customers can reach out to the nearest dealership or the Volkswagen India website.
Product information: Volkswagen Tiguan
Skip boring with the Volkswagen Tiguan that offers a progressive design language, enviable performance, premium features, safety and class-leading technology for customers in the segment. The feature rich Tiguan is based on the globally renowned MQB platform and is being offered in the ‘Elegance’ variant.
The all-rounder Tiguan commands a strong robust presence with its striking exteriors of a muscular designed bumper and piano black finish inserts, along with a broad radiator grille that proudly envelopes the Volkswagen logo right in the centre. Enhancing its appeal is the intelligent and adaptive IQ. Lights – LED matrix headlights. Light that has a more commanding on-road stance and guides the driver through the different light conditions & driving modes across the varied terrains with greater visibility and comfort.
Complementing this is the dark LED combination tail lamps at the rear, with the new light signatures that emanates sophistication. The tail-light cluster includes a switch function for the LEDs when braking, the “click-clack” effect. The conspicuous switching between the tail-lights and brake lights warns tailing traffic more effectively.
The Tiguan is powered by the globally renowned TSI technology of Volkswagen. With a 2.0L TSI engine mated to a 7-speed DSG transmission with 4MOTION (all-wheel-drive) technology that produces a class-leading peak power output of 190PS (140 kW) ranging from 4200-6000 rpm and a peak torque of 320 Nm right from 1500 rpm and flat up to 4100 rpm. The Tiguan guarantees superior acceleration and fast pick-up, ensuring an overall fun-to-drive experience. The Tiguan now offers a fuel efficiency of 13.54 kmpl (ARAI certified), an improvement by 7%.
Offering class-leading comfort & convenience for all journeys, the feature rich and well-appointed premium interiors of the Tiguan along with the panoramic sunroof that offers an experience of an expansive cabin space & flexibility, making every drive memorable. The Tiguan comprises of a 25.40cm customizable digital cockpit and 20.32cm touchscreen infotainment system with gesture control. For the ease of customers, the advanced reverse camera gives four different views for convenient parking. Making storing luggage more convenient is the easy open & close boot feature with a space of 615 litres.
The comprehensive and feature-rich Tiguan will be offered in five exterior colour options – Nightshade Blue, Oryx White with Pearl effect, Deep Black, Dolphin Grey, and Reflex Silver for customers to choose from.