Dharmendra Yadav is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Badaun is the state of Uttar Pradesh. He is a member of Samajwadi Party (SP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Dharmendra Yadav defeated his nearest rival Vagish Pathak of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) by a margin of more than 1,50,000 votes. Throughout his political career, Dharmendra Yadav has focused on helping the needy by providing employment opportunities and free education and healthcare services. He has also been associated with a wide variety of social and cultural projects.
Early Life and Education
Dharmendra Yadav was born on February 03, 1979 to Shri Abhay Ram Yadav and Smt. Jay Devi. He was born in Saifai, a village in the Etawah district and Mainpuri Parliamentary constituency of Uttar Pradesh. His educational qualifications include M.A. (Political Science), L.L.B. and he received education at Allahabad University, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. He married Neelam Yadav on February 12, 2010.
- 2003-04: Block Pramukh, Saifai, Uttar Pradesh
- 23 Dec. 2004: Elected to 14th Lok Sabha
- 2009: Re-elected to 15th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- May, 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Committee on Petitions; Member, Standing Committee on Agriculture; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Power and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
Dharmendra Yadav has interests in reading and listening to music. He also likes sports and one of his favorites is Badminton.