· Grand opening event held to inaugurate the facility, investment and job creation
· Focus on end-to-end software and system engineering and product solutions
· Campus equipped with state-of-the-art tools and machinery
BENGALURU, June 07, 2023 – Magna, a mobility technology company and one of the largest suppliers in automotive, officially opens its cutting-edge Innovation Campus in Bengaluru, India. The campus – spanning 239,000 square-feet – will be the center of Magna’s R&D activities in Asia and will support various global projects. Company leadership was joined today by employees, customers and public officials to inaugurate the new location.
Magna opens new Bengaluru Innovation Campus With an investment of approximately $120 million and the creation of 1,200 new technology-focused positions, the Innovation Campus will focus on end-to-end software and system engineering and product solutions addressing future market trends such as driver assistance, electric vehicles and vehicle systems architectures.
Leveraging the technology and resources available, plus high levels of competency in the automotive and semi-conductor space, Bengaluru is the ideal choice for Magna’s Innovation Campus.
“We are thrilled to establish our Innovation Campus in a city renowned for its technological prowess,” said Anton Mayer, Magna Chief Technology Officer. “This campus will be a hub of innovation, bringing together the brightest minds and fostering collaboration to drive the transformation of the automotive industry towards a more sustainable future.”
The campus and team are equipped with state-of-the-art tools and machinery to work on various new technologies, including:
· System on Chip (SOC) and base software development for upcoming products.
· New feature functions, calibration, parametrization, and vehicle systems testing.
· Artificial intelligence and machine learning for self-learning and adaptive functions based on different driving conditions.
· Automation and robotic testing methods.
· Edge computing for predictive maintenance and fault prediction of critical vehicle components.
“The Magna Innovation Campus in Bengaluru is a testament to our relentless pursuit of technological advancements. We look forward to collaborating with local talent, academic institutions, and industry partners to continue to drive innovation, create job opportunities and contribute to the growth of the Indian automotive sector,” continued Mayer.[Those interested in joining a dynamic team and company who is advancing mobility for everyone and everything, please click here. https://www.magna.com/recruiting-india]