The VPNs or the virtual private network is basically a connection method that adds security to your internet connection. They were made to protect you from being tracked or hacked while working online. It prevents the government, your internet provider, or any other third parties from monitoring your data.
VPNs have got several reasons to be used for privacy purposes. The main problem with it is that due to its highly secured functions it appeals mostly the persons doing savory activities or doing illegal downloads and using darknet.
VPNs are in fact legalized connection in most of the countries. And we are going to inform you about the legal provisions of the VPNs in this article.
First of all, we would look at some of the limitations that the legal VPNs come up with.
Using VPN is completely legal in many countries including the US. This comes with a few important caveats, however:
- Using VPNs in the US is legal, knowing the fact that anything illegal with or without VPNs will always remain illegal. For example the torrent copyrighted kinds of stuff.
- Countries like China, Russia, Iraq, North Korea completely ban the use of VPNs
- Use of Netflix over VPNs is not illegal though it just violates their terms of service.
- There are earlier records that the VPN users had to share their user information to the authorities.
How to use a VPN
- Getting a VPN
- Switch on your computer and link it to the Internet.
- Be careful with the public Wi-Fi networks as you are not connected yet to VPN.
- Decide between a paid VPN and a free VPN Software: Be aware of free services and the third-party applications or the third-party ads.
- Free VPN services like VPN Gate, Tunnel Bear, ProtonVPN, Wind scribe, Cyber Ghost and Starter VPN.
- Download your desired VPN: download the version for your operating system.
- For work, contact IT department of your company to get the VPN software.
- Install your VPN Software: downloaded your VPN software to your computer, locate the downloaded file. Open it and follow the prompts to install and start.
- Using a VPN
- Launch your VPN software
- Locate your application from your Taskbar, Applications folder or home screen/desktop.
- Follow the instructions.
- Enter your username and password when prompted
Run your VPN.