Kaushal Kishore is an Indian politician and Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Mohanlalganj in the state of Uttar Pradesh. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Kaushal Kishore has been in active politics for many years now and before becoming an MP in Lok Sabha, he was a member of Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly. He has also served as a Minister of State in the Government of Uttar Pradesh. In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Kaushal Kishore defeated his nearest rival R. K. Chaudhary of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) by a margin of more than 1.45 lakh votes. Kaushal Kishore secured 4,55,274 votes, which is about 40 percent of the total votes cast.Throughout his political career, Kaushal Kishore has worked for the upliftment of poor and marginalized sections of the society.
Early Life and Education
Kaushal Kishore was born on January 25, 1960 to Shri Kallu Prashad and Smt. Parvati Devi. He was born in Baigaria village, which is located in Kakori, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh). He completed his education up to Inter/Higher Secondary and studied at Kalicharan Inter College, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. He married Jai Devi on April 24, 1984. By profession, Kaushal Kishore is an agriculturist.
- 2002 – 2007: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 2003 – 2004: Minister of State, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 – 31 Aug. 2018: Member, Standing Committee on Home Affairs; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Labour and Employment
- 1 Sept. 2018 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice
Kaushal Kishore remains focused on a wide variety of social causes and he continues to work for the betterment of people.