Lallu Singh is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Faizabad in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Lallu Singh is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). During the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Lallu Singh defeated his nearest rival Mitrasen Yadav of Samajwadi Party (SP) by a margin of more than 2 lakh 80 thousand votes. Throughout his political career, Lallu Singh has remained dedicated to the social, educational and economic upliftment of weaker sections of the society. He has been associated with a wide variety of social activities that seek to promote education among uneducated families. He has also initiated various projects for personality development of youth.
Early Life and Education
Lallu Singh was born on November 1, 1954 to Shri Bhagwan Singh and Smt. Sunderadevi. He was born in Sahadatganj, which is located in Faizabad district in Uttar Pradesh. His educational qualifications include M.A., LL.B. and he received his education at K.S. Saket P.G. College, (Awadh University). He married Sarita Singh on June 25, 1982.
- 1991 – 2012: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly (Four terms)
- Chairman, Ashwashan Samiti, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- Minister of State for Power & Energy, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- Minister of State for Tourism, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Water Resources; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Food Processing Industries
Lallu Singh likes to spend his time on social welfare projects. In sports, he likes basketball and kabaddi.