Manoj Kumar Sinha is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Ghazipur in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Sinha is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Manoj Sinha defeated his nearest rival Shivkanya Kushwaha of Samajwadi Party (SP) by a margin of more than 30,000 votes. Even before he joined mainstream politics, Sinha had a keen interest in resolving the problems of people. This aspect of his personality has grown multifold over the years and he remains committed to the welfare of the people. He is rated amongst the most efficient MPs in the country and one of the most honest.
Early Life and Education
Manoj Kumar Sinha was born on July 1, 1959 to Shri Birendra Kumar Singh and Smt. Vrindvashini Devi. He was born in Mohanpura village, which is located in Ghazipur district in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Sinha holds a B.Tech degree from the Banaras Hindu University (BHU). He married Neelam Sinha on May 8, 1977.
- 1989 onwards: Member, National Council, BharatiyaJanata Party (BJP)
- 1996: Elected to 11th Lok Sabha
- 1999: Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1999-2000: Member, Standing Committee on Energy; Member, Committee on Government Assurances
- May, 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 27 May 2014 – 5 July 2016: Union Minister of State, Ministry of Railways
- 5 July 2016 onwards: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Ministry of Communications; and Union Minister of State, Ministry of Railways
Manoj Kumar Sinha remains committed to the welfare of the people in his constituency. In sports, he likes volleyball and kabaddi.