The very first thing you need to do is stop panicking when you are in a plane crash or a train crash. That certainly sounds the most absurd statement, but panicking can intervene in your efforts to survive the accident. Therefore, you must calm your senses down and take the necessary measures to get out of the plane or the train immediately. In this article, we will discuss a few tips which you must keep in mind in order to increase your chances of surviving from an accident.
Tips to survive a plane crash:
- The very first step is to choose a seat that is at a minimum distance from the emergency exit. In situations, you aren’t seated near an emergency exit; try to request for the aisle seat. Also, make a mental note of number rows you are away from the two exits of the plane. In case, there is smoke or suddenly it gets dark in the inside of the plan; at least you can count your way out.
- Make sure not to inflate your life jacket when you are inside the plane; instead of getting out of the situation you will rather be trapped.
- In moments of tension and panic, we often forget the method to unlock the seatbelt in a plane. Time and again it has been noted that passengers struggle with their seatbelts. Therefore, keep calm and let your senses be active when you plan your escape.
Tips to survive a train crash:
- The best seat of a train is in the middle of it. Now if you are wondering as to why? This is because all the energy of a moving train is focused towards the end of carriages; hence, there is where the damages are to occur more severely when the train crashes.
- Make sure to remain calm and head towards the exit direction. Every train door can be popped open manually. However, make sure to look for signs of an emergency exit and act wisely. During times of accident, losing your senses shall harm you even more than the accident itself. Therefore, do not panic and take the necessary measures to devise your exit.
- The best and quickest way to get out of a train is through an emergency exit window. You must be careful to listen to all the instructions in case if there a crew to guide you or else just pop open the window and get out immediately.