Babulal Chaudhary is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Fatehpur Sikri in the state of Uttar Pradesh (UP). Babulal Chaudhary is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He became an MP after he won the Indian General Election in 2014. In the 2014 Lok Sabha election, Babulal Chaudhary defeated his nearest rival Seema Upadhyay of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) by a margin of more than 1.7 lakh votes. Throughout his political career, Babulal Chaudhary has fought for the rights of the weaker sections of the society. He has also raised his voice against social and economic injustices being faced by certain communities. In his struggle for social causes, Babulal Chaudhary had been sent to jail on many occasions.
Early Life and Education
Babulal Chaudhary was born on July 02, 1948 to Shri Raghunath Singh and Smt. Kiran Devi. He was born in Village Panwari, which is located in Agra district in Uttar Pradesh. He has received education up to Intermediate level and he studied at R.V. S. Inter College, Agra. He married Mahabiri Devi on May 20, 1974.
- 1977: Member, District Panchayat, Agra
- 1980: Block Head, Achchnera, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
- 1996 – 2007: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly (two terms)
- 2002 – 2007: Minister (Independent Charge), Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Defense
Babulal Chaudhary likes to travel to religious and tourist places. He also likes sports and among his favorites are Kabaddi and Wrestling.