Bharat Singh is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Ballia Lok Sabha constituency in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Bharat Singh is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Bharat Singh defeated his nearest rival Neeraj Shekhar of Samajwadi Party (SP) by a margin of more than 1.39 lakh votes. Prior to his tenure as a Lok Sabha MP, Singh had also served as an MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) for three terms. He is known to care for the common people and has been associated with various welfare projects. One such project is the free cataract treatment camps, which are organized every year to provide free surgery and medicines to needy people. Singh has also been associated with projects that involve distribution of food packets in case of flood and other calamities. Welfare initiatives that provide medical facilities to poor handicapped patients and special medical camps have also been launched by Bharat Singh.
Early Life and Education
Bharat Singh was born in Nawka Tola, Dist. Ballia (Uttar Pradesh). He was born on September 15, 1948 to Shri Ramcheej Singh and Smt. Ramswaro Devi. He graduated from Jodhpur University in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He married Sheela Singh on June 2, 1972.
- 1991-1992, 1996-2002 & 2002-2007: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly (Three terms)
- 2006 – 2007: Minister, Government of Uttar Pradesh
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 – 31 Aug. 2016: Member, Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice
- 27 April 2015 onwards: Member, Railway Convention Committee (R.C.C.); Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Power and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- 1 Sep. 2016 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare
Bharat Singh remains committed to the welfare of the masses. In his free time, he likes to watch cricket and hockey matches.