Committed to people’s welfare
Keshav Prasad Maurya is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Phulpur in Uttar Pradesh. He has also served as a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) after having won from Sirathu constituency in the 2012 UP assembly polls. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He was appointed as the President of Uttar Pradesh BJP in 2016. Throughout his political journey, Maurya has focused on the interests of farmers, poor people and laborers. He is a down to earth person and believes in focusing on social causes so that the needy can be provided the right assistance. Maurya is often described as an aggressive leader, as he displays great energy and passion while working for social and political causes.
Early Life and Education
Keshav Prasad Maurya was born in Sirathu, district Kaushambi, Uttar Pradesh on May 7, 1969 to ShriShyamLal Maurya and Smt. Dhanpati Devi Maurya. He completed his Bachelor of Arts (BA) from Hindi SahityaSammelan, Allahabad. He married Smt. Raj Kumari Devi Maurya on May 7, 1986.
From an early age, Keshav Prasad Maurya showed an inclination towards social work and helping those in need. In his childhood, Maurya used to sell tea to support himself and his family members. His childhood days were quite like Prime Minister Modi who also used to sell tea during his childhood years. Maurya has been associated with the Rastriya Swayamsevek Sangh (RSS) since an early age. It was his popularity among RSS cadres that he was favored to fight the assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Uttar Pradesh. His RSS background has also helped him become the State BJP President. He is a staunch supporter of Hindutva and had participated in the Ram Janmabhoomi movement.
- 2012 – 2014: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 2012 – 2013: Member, Housing Committee; Member, Public Works Committee
- 2013 – 2014: Member, Joint Committee on Public Undertakings and Corporations
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Information Technology; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Human Resource Development; Member, (Permanent Special Invitee), Consultative Committee, Ministry of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water and Sanitation
- 11 May 2015: Member, Tax Advisory Committee, Ministry of Finance
- 25 May 2015 onwards: Member, Council of Indian Institutes of Information Technology
- 30 June 2015: Member, NamamiGange National Working Committee
In his spare time, Keshav Prasad Maurya likes listening to songs of patriotism and Veer Rasa. In sports, he likes cricket, hockey, kabaddi and other Indian sports.