Kirti Vardhan Singh is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Gonda in the state of Uttar Pradesh. He is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Kirti Vardhan Singh defeated his nearest rival Nandita Shukla of Samajwadi Party (SP) by a margin of more than 1,60,000 votes.Throughout his political career, Kirti Vardhan Singh has focused on promoting education among the masses, especially within his constituency. It was due to his efforts that education facilities are now available in remote and interior areas of his constituency. Kirti Vardhan Singh has been credited with promoting education among girls through the use of cultural programs, mobilizing local support, and helping people realize the benefits of educating girls. Singh has launched schools and colleges for girls in his constituency. Singh has also worked for the economic development and upliftment of the weaker sections of the population.
Early Life and Education
Kirti Vardhan Singh was born in Lucknow on March 1, 1966 to Shri Anand Singh and Smt. Veena Singh. His educational qualifications include M.Sc. (Geology) and he received his education from Lucknow University. He married Madhushree Singh on November 16, 2002.
- 1998: Elected to 12th Lok Sabha
- 1998-99: Member, Standing Committee on Industry; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Defense
- 2004: Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (2nd term); Member, Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment & Forests
- 5 Aug. 2007: Member, Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment & Forests
- 23 March, 2009: Resigned on 23 March, 2009
- May 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 14 Aug. 2014 – 30 April 2015: Member, Committee on Estimates
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Science & Technology, Environment & Forests; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Defense
- 19 Oct. 2016 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Chemicals and Fertilizers
Kirti Vardhan Singh has interests in reading, photography and travelling. In sports, he likes adventure sports, aero-sports (paragliding and micro-lite flying) and water sports.