Rajesh Pandey is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the LokSabha constituency of Kushi Nagar in Uttar Pradesh. He is a member of the BharatiyaJanata Party (BJP). Pandey has also been elected as Member of Legislative Council (MLC) in Uttar Pradesh for two terms from Deoria. Throughout his political career, Pandey has shouldered several key responsibilities and has successfully delivered what was expected of him.
Early Life and Education
Rajesh Pandey was born in Kushi Nagar in Uttar Pradesh. He was born on March 19, 1959 to Raj Mangal Pandey and Malti Pandey. He completed his Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from the Institute of Productivity and Management, Lucknow (U.P.). He married Sudha Pandey on February 18, 1980.
Rajesh Pandey comes from an influential political family. His father served as a minister in the state government in Uttar Pradesh, and later he was appointed as the Union HRD Minister. Rajesh Pandey’s mother was also into active politics and had served as an MLC in Uttar Pradesh for two consecutive terms.
- 1991 – 1996 & 1997 – 2003: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council (Two terms)
- 1994 – 1995: Chairman, Question & Reference Committee
- 2002 – 2003: Chairman, Privilege Committee
- May, 2014: Elected to 16th LokSabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Standing Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Power and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
Rajesh Pandey likes to travel, as it helps him learn new things and gain new experiences, all of which enable him to expand his horizons in both personal and professional life. The various countries he has visited include Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, U.K. and U.S.A. In his spare time, he likes to read, listen to music and watch documentaries. Pandey also has a keen interest in sports and among his favorites are golf and badminton.