Jagdambika Pal in an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament (MP) from the Lok Sabha constituency of Domariyaganj in Uttar Pradesh.He was earlier a member of the Indian National Congress (INC), but in 2014, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He contested in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from Domariyaganj on a BJP ticket and won the election. Earlier, between 1982 and 1993, he was a Member of Legislative Council (MLC) in Uttar Pradesh for two terms. Between 1993 and 2007, he was a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) in Uttar Pradesh for three terms. Pal is widely popular among the masses, as he has consistently focused on the needs of the poor and the weaker sections of the society. An educationist by profession, Pal is the head of many leading educational institutions in Uttar Pradesh.
Early Life and Education
Jagdambika Pal was born in a village called Rameshwerpuri in Basti district in Uttar Pradesh on October 21, 1950 to Shri Surya Bux Pal and Smt. MoolRaji Devi. His education qualifications include M.A. (Pol. Science, Ancient & Modern History) & LL.B. He received his education from Awadh University and Gorakhpur University. He married Smt. SnehLata Pal on July 13, 1975.
- 1982-93: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council (Two Terms)
- 1988-1999: Minister of State, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- 1993-2007: Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly ( three terms)
- 2002: Cabinet Minister, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
- 2009: Elected to 15th Lok Sabha
- 15 March 2014: Resigned from 15th Lok Sabha
- May, 2014: Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards: Member, Committee on Privileges; Member, Standing Committee on Energy; Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and Shipping
- 3 Dec. 2014 onwards: Member, Business Advisory Committee
- 1 May 2015 onwards: Member, Joint Committee on Security in Parliament House Complex
- 11 May 2016 onwards: Member, Joint Committee on the Enforcement of Security Interest and Recovery of Debts Laws and Miscellaneous Provision (Amendment) Bill, 2016
Jagdambika Pal has interests in poetry, KaviSammelan and Mushaira. He also likes to read books, listen to music, do social work, play games, and travel. In sports, he likes hockey, football and cricket. During his youth, he had participated in hockey and football tournaments at the University level.He has travelled to many countries such as Australia, China, Cuba, France, Germany, Malaysia, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Sri Lanka, U.K. and U.S.A.He has been associated with a wide variety of social and cultural activities in the State of Uttar Pradesh.