Make this delicious evening snack Corn Pockets to serve with your favourite cup of tea. Enjoy Del Monte sweet corn cream style filling encased in a buttery pastry layer. Serve warm with Del Monte tomato ketchup.
PREPARATION TIME 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME 15 MINUTES
- Ina pan, melt butter. Add ginger and garlic, fry for 2 Add onions and saute until pink and soft. Add green
chillies and fry, Add cream style corn, corn kernels and season with salt and
pepper. Cook until it reaches thick (jam) consistency. Take it off the heat and cool completely. Add coriander leaves and mix.
- Mix the butter, cumin, salt and pepper, ajwain and all-purpose flour with the fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Some may be the size of a
- Then transfer mixture on work surface,
add ice cold water and knead very gently to bring them together to form a ball (Don’t knead it too much with your palm)Wrap the crust dough in plastic
wrap and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Take the crust dough and roll it on a parchment paper into a 14×14inch square with a thickness of ¼ inch.
- Now cut the pastry of desired shapes around 5-3 inches each. Keep these pieces on a tray and refrigerate it for
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- Take out the pieces, put ¾-1 tsp of the filling in the centre of one Cover it with another piece. Press the edges gently with a fork so the two pieces get
sealed. Arrange each pie on the baking tray. Prick at the centre from top using a fork. Brush with milk on top and bake it for 12 to 15 mins or till golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack
Enjoy your meal!