Bring in Christmas any time you want with this classic sugary treat. Made with crunchy and tangy Del Monte Cranberries this cake is the perfect dessert.
PREPARATION TIME 45 MINUTES
COOK TIME 60 MINUTES
- Grab a large bowl and start by adding Del Monte dried cranberries and prunes, and raisins. Add lemon zest ,
orange juice and orange zest. Let it soak overnight so that the flavours are mingled together with perfection.
- The next day preheat the oven at 160 degrees Grease and line the 9-inch diameter pan on the base and
around the periphery.
- As the oven heats up, transfer the
soaked fruit mixture into a pan, place the pan on heat and bring the mixture to boil. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Take it off the heat and cool.
- For dry mixture, in a bowl, mix all purpose flour and baking Keep it aside.
- For the second wet mixture, in another bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Keep mixing
while adding vanilla essence, cinnamon and clove powder.
- Now add the fruit mix to the second wet mixture. Fold everything well.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to the lined pan and level it evenly with a
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes or until
skewer comes out clean. Leave the cake to rest for few minutes inside the oven.
- Take the cake out of the pan and cool it completely before peeling off the parchment paper.
Yay, you did it! Now go ahead and dig in the sugary goodness with your family.